We've gone paperless. Please sign our release form before your first class.
Here's what to expect at OPY:
- Expect it to be HOT. If you do not like the heat please consider the Beginners class on Saturdays 11:30am at the Dr Phillips location.
- Expect to sweat and to be doing yoga next to another sweaty person. The New Year brings more yogis to the studio. Please make room for each student and be prepared to sweat.
- Please commit to staying in the class. If you feel like you need to rest-please rest on your mat. The teacher can see you and can help you if they can see you.
- Please check the website for classes and class time to commit to being in.
- Please let the teacher know if you are fasting, recently quit smoking or have a medical history or injury. It is best to rest a lot when you are first starting out.
- Please leave all laptops, iPhones, cell phones, Electronics, readers, etc. outside yoga room. The lobby has cubbies to store, and we provide lockers in the back shower area as well.
- Please DO NOT KEEP YOUR PURSE, WALLET, Shopping bags in the Pax. or Drivers area of your Vehicle. Bring in to store in Lobby.
THE 40 DAY DEAL - What is it all about and how does it work?
- DO THE 40 days for $40.00. This plan helps you do yoga for 40 days in a row, as much as you want, whenever you want for 40 CONSECUTIVE/CALENDAR DAYS.
- After that - please take advantage of our ten class pack and monthly rate packages. Also understand the are no extensions or refunds after purchase.
- Expect the yoga to be fun, challenging and light hearted. Please come with a positive outlook and sense of humor. This style of yoga will challenge your core and your mind.
- Please read on for more FAQ's you may have.
Frequently Asked Yoga Questions
- What should I bring?
- What if I'm not flexible?
- How will this type of yoga help me?
- I'm on medication for many things. Can I still do this yoga?
- I have old injuries- knee, back, hip, neck, ect. Can this yoga help me and are there any modifications to the yoga?
- Should I eat anything before class?
- How often do I have to come to class to recieve the benefits?
- How long are the classes?
- What should I wear?
- What If I need a rest?
- Can I watch a class before I try it?
- What time should I be there for my first class?
- Is this yoga good for my back, head, spine, bad knee, wrists, ankle, hip replacement, depression or anxiety, skin disorders, internal and etc?
- If I have never done yoga before, can I still do the class?
- What are the Private sessions like as opposed to the group setting?
- I am an athlete, how can this yoga help me improve my performance as an athlete?
- How does the 40 Days for $40 work?
- Are there any etiquette rules for yoga?
- How is Power Yoga different than any other yoga style?
- How warm is it?
- How does the 40 days for $40.00 work?
- Can I try a class for the normal drop-in rate ($15.00), and if I like it, sign up for the the 40 Days for $40 deal?
- How is this different from other "Hot" yoga studios?
- What should I expect my first Hot yoga class?
- Any new tips for a new student to "survive" my first few yoga classes?
- How can I tell what classes to go to and which classes are which?
Q: What should I bring?
A: Something you can move and sweat in. ONLY water is permitted in the yoga room, other than your mat and TOWEL. You may want to bring a "Yoga Toes Towel" to catch your sweat.
Q: What if I'm not flexible?
A: You do not have to be flexible to practice yoga. In yoga, you will stretch to the maximum of your ability, without harming the body. Over time, your flexibility will be enhanced.
Q: How will power yoga help me?
A: Power yoga can help strengthen your body, improve flexibility, lower your stress and anxiety levels and blood pressure, and change old patterns of negative behavior. Yoga can assist in a long list of physical ailments and help the body heal in a more natural approach. Power yoga can complement any other form of exercise you are currently doing and take your endurance and performance levels to a higher level.
Q: I'm on medication for many things. Can I still do this yoga?
A: It is always good to talk to your doctor before beginning any physical activity. But remember, yoga has been around longer than prescription medications.
Q: I have old injuries, such as knee, back, hip, and neck. Can power yoga help me and are there any modifications to the yoga?
A: Let the teacher know about any injury you may have, so that the teacher can make any necessary adjustments for you. Any amount of yoga you do will be beneficial – the worst thing a body can do is nothing at all.
Q: Should I eat anything before class?
A: You should not to eat at least two hours before class.
Q: How often do I have to come to class to recieve the benefits?
A: The more you practice, the quicker you will see the results. It is as simple as that.
Q: How long are the classes?
A: We have a variety of class lengths, they will be either 60, 75 or 90 min.
Q: What should I wear?
A: Wear anything that you are comfortable working out in.
Q: What If I need a rest?
A: There are three postures to aid in restoring your vitality and energy during class, which the teacher will show at the start of each class. If at any time you are uncomfortable and need a break, you can simply take advantage of one of the less taxing postures. It is not advisable that you leave the room. A teacher can only assist you when they can SEE YOU.
Q: Can I watch a class before I try it?
A: Unfortunately, yogis, especially new practitioners, do not like to be watched. Frankly, it is a little creepy. The group dynamic is called "yoga", which means to "join" or "yoke". You will appreciate this rule when you practice. So sign up and join in – only participants are allowed in the room.
Q: What time should I be there for my first class?
A: Please arrive 15 minutes before class starts. This gives you time to get here, turn off your cell phone, get situated, and find a spot on the floor to start your class. ALL CLASSES START PROMPTLY and the doors are locked at the start of class (so no one steals any shoes). :)
Q: Is power yoga good for my back, head, spine, bad knees, wrists, ankles, hips, depression or anxiety, skin disorders, or other ailments?
A: Yes. Of course, you should seek the advice of a physician before starting a new physical regiment, but yoga can actually heal and strengthen the body to help it heal on its own. Yoga has been scientifically proven to assist in the healing process of many injuries. When you move and breathe, the body heals – emotionally and physically.
Q: If I have never done yoga before, can I still do power yoga?
A: Sure you can. Get right into it every day and feel how yoga works every system of the body. If you are not sure you are ready for a class setting, consider taking a private one hour session or one of our yoga for beginners seminars.
Q: What are the private sessions like as opposed to a group setting?
A: Private classes are $100.00 an hour. The room is warm, but not hot. The teacher will instruct you about proper breathing, the name and benefits of each posture, and the modifications of the postures depending on your strength and flexibility. Private classes can assist current students in deepening their practice and taking their yoga to a whole new level.
Q: I am an athlete, how can power yoga help me improve my performance as an athlete?
A: If any activity that you do involves balance, coordination, focus, breath, stamina, and endurance, then power yoga can help you. Yoga is a great part of a cross-training regimen to build strength and flexibility in a way your other activity may not. To find out and really understand how this works, stop reading about it, come in, and do some yoga – every day...
Q: How does the 40 Days for $40 work?
A: The forty days is a consecutive 40 days from the day you purchase this deal.
Q: Are there any etiquette rules for yoga?
A: Yes, come to class 10 minutes early, turn off cell phones, and dedicate your full attention and time that you have come to class.
Q: How is Power Yoga different than any other yoga style?
A: We are a warm/hot yoga studio. Every class is different. We have 56 postures for the teacher to choose from. It is fun. It is challenging- emotionally, mentally, and physically. If you think it's something you have done before - try us out to see for sure.
Q: How warm is it?
A: Since the body is moving so much, not alot of heat is needed. It's all from inside. The room is about 93 degrees.
Q: How does the 40 days for $40.00 work?
A: When you pay $40.00 for 40 days, it means 40 consecutive days of as doing as much yoga as you can do.
Q: Can I try a class for the normal drop-in rate ($15.00), and if I like it, sign up for the the 40 Days for $40 deal?
A: Yes. You can come in as a first time student, and pay for one class. If you like the yoga, next time you come in you can sign up for the $40 deal.
Q: How is this different from other "Hot" yoga studios?
A: Every class you come into is different, one day it will focus on one thing, other days something else. You never know what you will get, but we do give you great yoga!
Q: What should I expect my first Hot yoga class?
A: Expect to sweat and rest a lot. We do not encourage leaving the room, rather, staying with the group whether in rest or doing the poses with the class. To leave the room takes away the energy and focus we as a class are building. Come hydrated and aware of the class time you will be taking. Be prepared to stay for the entire class time out of respect for the other students and teacher.
Q: Any new tips for a new student to "survive" my first few yoga classes?
A: Yes, When class starts: practice 5 minutes of poses, then take 5 minutes in Childs pose, then 5 minutes doing the poses the class is doing, then rest in Child's pose for 5 minutes. This will help you get used to the heat and the room.
Q: How can I tell what classes to go to and which classes are which?
A: If you have never done yoga, it is advised to start with a Dharma 1 class, Yin class, or the Absolute Beginner's class. All yoga class are "all levels". All are hot yoga.
Please note: Studio B (two doors down from original studio) is not as hot.
Q: Do i have to sign up before i come in to class?
A: No. Come in 10-15 minutes before class to get a spot in the room. It is first come first served for yoga.
Please bring your own water bottle to class as we are using less plastic in our studios.
We sell reusable and refillable water bottles for 7.00. We have water fountains as well.
We are a paperless studio. Please refer to our website for the schedules.